If you work in the medical field, you know all about MACRA – the Medicare Access and Chip Reauthorization Act that instituted the Quality Payment Program (QPP). QPP brings three programs together under one umbrella: PQRS, Meaningful Use, and Value Payment Modifier. Under the new system, there are quality reporting requirements that come along with associated penalties and bonuses for providers who qualify.
Understandably, it’s taking some practices longer than others to adapt to MACRA, and that’s partially due to the fact that it’s a complicated system with a lot of new rules to learn. For that reason, we’ve developed some cheat sheets – and you can find all of them under our new MACRA tab.
Our focus today is on the Anesthesia MACRA Compliance Cheat Sheet. We’d love to share what it covers and how it could be helpful to your practice. Read on!
What Does the MACRA Compliance Cheat Sheet Cover?
In our new resource, you will find helpful tips like the following:
- The 2 pathways to MACRA compliance (MIPS and APM)
- The financial ramifications of penalties and/or bonuses your practice could incur
- The “transitional year” of 2017 and what that means for your practice as you transition to MACRA
- The four components of your CPS (Quality, Continuous Process Improvement Activity, Use of Certified EHRs, and Cost)
- The definition of a “quality measure”
- An opportunity to take advantage of MACRA compliance through Graphium Health, which can help keep your practice on track throughout the year
MBM Cares About Your Practice
Here at Medical Business Management, we know how essential anesthesia practices are to the medical industry as a whole. We specialize in handling billing and coding for anesthesia practices so that providers can keep their focus where it should be – on giving the best possible care to their patients and maintaining an outstanding work environment for their staff.
Interested in learning more? Contact us to find out how we could help your clinic.